RStudio can't be installed in this environment - ANACONDA

Hi all,
I'm using Anaconda 1.9.6 on WIN10.

I keep running into this error when trying to launch Rstudio. I have all the other applications on Anaconda installed and running, SPIDER, GlueVIZ, QtConsole, etc. Whenever I launch Anaconda, I ALWAYS have to reinstall Rstudio. ALWAYS. The installer says, "Rstudio can't be installed in this environment". So it will install RStudio in ANOTHER directory in the "envs" dir of my USER. So, I have a "rstudio 1.4.5.1_1" and a "rstudio 1.4.5.1_2" and "rstudio 1.4.5.1_3" and so on.

This is troubling and problematic. It's like the installer senses the previous directory and HAS to install a new instance of the app.

Anyways, I can't continue this way, it will keep adding more installs.

Here is the latest error:
"UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be in conflict:

• r-promises
  • r-revoutilsmath
  • rstudio==1.1.456
    Use "conda info " to see the dependencies for each package.

Yeah, so pretty lame.

Anyways, any help is appreciated and I am doing more research on this error.

Anaconda is a great product for all things Python related, but seems to have caused more than a few users trouble. My suggestion is to download RStudio directly from their site, as well base R directly.

1 Like

Seconded. I just realised that I'd installed Pandoc using Chocolatey some time before I installed RStudio, and it's given me so much trouble. Completely mucked up my PATH :sob: I love package managers, but man, my experience with R and package managers on WIndows and Mac has not been good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.