RStudio check update feature not working on Mac

Hi:

I'm running Mac OS 12.3.1 on an Intel MacBook Air, 16GB. Just updated to latest R. Getting message from R that new version of R basic graphics won't work until I update RStudio. I run RStudio 1.3.1056 (never had an issue since installing it - though I've been an intermittent user in last 6 months.)

The problem is that when I go to Help->Check for Updates, I get a dialog that I'm running the latest version. (This was not the case a day or so ago.) So I need guidance on the best way to update RStudio.

(FWIW I also run Anaconda (mainly for Jupyter and Spyder) - but my RStudio install precedes Anaconda. I've been hesitant to run an Anaconda install on top of my existing RStudio install.)

Thanks, TB

The versioning convention has changed and older RStudio versions are obviously not aware of that so you have to manually download and install the new version.

Thank you. I did what you suggest.. The new version put itself into "Utilities". The new works fine - it sees all the projects, can use basic graphing, etc. - but the old version still exists. Is it safe to delete the old version?

I'm not sure what you mean by "safe" but I suppose your concern is about affecting your R installation. RStudio is an IDE for the R programming language but R itself is independent from it so it will not be affected.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.