RStudio Cloud - Reaching Max Project Hours

Have you reached a usage limit with RStudio Cloud?

RStudio Cloud's free tier has a number of project limits. If you exceed these limits you will receive a message and may not be able to access your projects. If that's the case you have a number of options.

How do I access a project I'm locked out of?

• Contact @Robby via personal message here, or email robby@rstudio.com
    Be sure to include your RStudio Cloud email and the ids (or urls) of the projects you'd like access to.
  • Consider upgrading to one of our premium tiers.

Hi @Robby, I have also reached the maximum project hours allowed on my account so I cannot access my projects.

I need to be able to download them all so that I can access their code, so please could you also help me out with this?

Account ID: 656108

Thanks for any help you can give!

Hi there,

Your usage period reset on January 15th, so you should be all set, but please let us know if you still have an issue.

Thanks,
Robby

Hello @Robby, I'm a student and I was working in two projects but I did not notice the limit of hours. Please can you help me, I just want to download them.

project IDs:
my RStudio Cloud email: ariguilherme.aguiar@hotmail.com

Hi Ari,

We replied to your email yesterday re: this topic. Did you get our response? You should have access to your projects at this point, but please let us know if you're still having trouble.

Hi Robby,

Can you tell me when the monthly projecthours capacity is reset to zero?
My projecthours are almost at the maximum of 15 and the new month february has allready started.

Regards
Ruud Jeursen

Hi Ruud,

Your monthly usage period begin and end dates depend on when you signed up for your Cloud account.

To see the begin and end date of your current period, go to your Account Overview page. To get there, click on your name on the right side of the header, then click on Account. If needed, you can see the Individual Account section of the Guide (https://rstudio.cloud/learn/guide#accounts) for more details.

This also might be of interest to you - we released a new low cost plan yesterday, called the Plus plan. If you are happy with the Free plan features, but just need additional hours, this plan might make sense for you. More details are at https://rstudio.cloud/plans/plus.

We are also working on two additional features which we hope to release in the next few weeks - one will let you download projects without opening them, so even if you've used up your monthly allotment of hours on the Free plan, you'll be able to export your projects and work on them locally. The second is that we will give you a "grace period" when you reach your hours limit - we'll send you an email letting you know you've reached your limit for the month, but you'll be able to continue to access your projects for the next 48 hours.

Hope this helps - and please let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Robby

Thanks for ypur quick reply and help, Robby.
I upgraded today to de free-plus plan!
That should be enough for me for the coming months, :slight_smile:

Regards, Ruud