RStudio Cloud Stuck on "Opening Project" Forever

Hi!

I started using RStudio Cloud about a month ago with great success, but today when I tried to open my project, it just got stuck on "Opening Project."

I tried logging out, opening in a different browser, and deleting my project completely. (Fortunately, I had already submitted my most recent homework.) But it still won't open.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Andre

Quite frequently this sort of thing has to be handled by RStudio people directly (they might need your project ID do) but in the meanwhile, these are some things to try:

1. Use the relaunch button
  2. Log out and back in to rstudio.cloud. Sometimes browser cache some data that prevents loading of projects correctly.
  3. If logging out does not help, please try using a different browser, or using private/incognito mode with the same browser. For chrome, here's how to use incognito: Browse in Incognito mode - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Hi andresrcs,

Thanks for those tips. I was able to get it to work on my girlfriend's computer, but it still won't work on mine. (I tried all of the things you suggested.) So maybe there's something about my computer that's causing the problem. (I have a computer that belongs to my school and I can't update the operating system, so I'm running pretty old versions of my browsers. Perhaps that's the issue?)

Any assistance that anyone could offer would really help. I'd really like to be able to use my computer for rstudio cloud. Many thanks in advance for any insights into what else I might try!

Andre

Have you tried clearing your cookies? That has helped me before.

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it.

I tried deleting my cookies, but it did not work. My screen is still stuck on "Opening Project."

I think you mentioned something about rstudio cloud people being able to help with this issue. (I've seen archives of other users who have had this problem and been helped by the rstudio employees.) Do you know if there's a way to reach those people directly?

Thank you again for your help! I'm ready to try anything so if anyone has any other ideas that I might try, please let me know.

Thank you so much,

Andre

As far as I know, this is the only way to contact them, this might change when RStudio Cloud becomes a paid service next month.

Hello,

Sorry you are encountering issues accessing your projects. If you can access the project from other browsers - or other computers - using the same rstudio.cloud user that tends to indicate that it's a client side issue.

• Are you able to access other projects?
  • When you try to access the project on your computer are you able to see any errors in your javascript console?
  • Do you see any failed network calls?

If possible could you send a HAR file? This file may contain sensitive data - so do not post it publicly here - instead send the file to me through a private message.

Thanks,

Sean

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.