This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.rstudio.com/blog/rstudio-community-monthly-events-december-2021
Photo by Nick Morrison on Unsplash
Welcome to RStudio Community Monthly Events Roundup, where we update you on upcoming events happening at RStudio this month. Missed the great talks and presentations from last month? Find them listed under ICYMI: November 2021 Events.
You can subscribe to the Community Events Calendar so that new events will automatically appear on your calendar. Please note that by subscribing, all of the events in the calendar will appear on your own calendar. If you wish to add individual events instead, please use the links below.
We can’t wait to see you there!
Save the Date
- December 2, 2021 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Jarus Singh, Director of Quantitative Analytics at Pandora (add to calendar)
- December 6, 2021 at 12 ET: Using RStudio on Amazon SageMaker | Presented by James Blair (add to calendar)
- December 7, 2021 at 12 ET: R en la Administración Pública & informes de técnicas psicométricas con R Markdown (meetup hosted in Spanish by Sergio Garcia Mora) | Presented by Daniela Garcia & Julieta Nieva (add to calendar)
- December 9, 2021 at 11 ET: Cut down on the grunt work and deliver insights more effectively with RStudio Connect, R Markdown, and Jupyter (add to calendar)
- December 9, 2021 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Aliyah Wakil, Quantitative and Qualitative Analytics Team Lead at TX Department of State Health Services (add to calendar)
- December 9, 2021 at 2 ET: Leveraging the Cloud for Analytics Instruction at Scale: Challenges and Opportunities | Presented by Dr. Brian Anderson (add to calendar)
- December 14, 2021 at 12 ET: Power Calculations in R: How much data is enough? | panel meetup with Ethan Brown, Jianmei Wang, and Richard Webster (add to calendar)
Data Science Hangout
We’ve started an informal “data science hangout” at RStudio for the data science community to connect and chat about some of the more human-centric questions around data science leadership. These happen every Thursday at 12 ET with a different leader featured each week.
The conversation is all audience-based and there’s no registration needed, so you can jump on whenever it fits your schedule. Add the weekly hangouts to your calendar on AddEvent.
RStudio Enterprise Community Meetups
We also host industry meetups for teams to share the work they are doing within their organizations, teach lessons learned, and network with others. Join the group on Meetup.
ICYMI: November 2021 Events
- Past Data Science Hangouts
- RStudio Hosted Evaluation Walkthrough - Build & Share Data Products Like TheWorld’s Leading Companies | Presented by Tom Mock, RStudio
- R in Public Sector - The data you were promised…and the data that you got | Presented by Hlynur Hallgrímsson, City of Reykjavik
- R in Sports Analytics - NFL Big Data Bowl & Analyzing Tracking Data | Presented by Thompson Bliss, NFL
- R in Marketing - Survey Design for Applications of Machine Learning | Presented by Bryan Butler, Eastern Bank
- R in Epidemiology - Connecting Primary Care Providers to their own data
- ML Ops - Machine Learning as an Engineering Discipline | Presented by Suteja Kanuri, ShopBack (recording to be shared soon)
Call for Speakers
If you’re interested in sharing your work at a Meetup (or just starting to consider it for a future date down the road!), please fill out the speaker submission form. We’re always looking for a diverse set of speakers — if you are a member of a group that is underrepresented in data science, including people of color, those with disabilities, elders/older adults, LGBTQ folks, and women/minority genders, we highly encourage you to submit!