This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.rstudio.com/blog/rstudio-community-monthly-events-january-2022
Photo by Nick Morrison on Unsplash
Welcome to RStudio Community Monthly Events Roundup, where we update you on upcoming events happening at RStudio this month. Missed the great talks and presentations from last month? Find them listed under ICYMI: December 2021 Events.
You can subscribe to the Community Events Calendar so that new events will automatically appear on your calendar. Please note that by subscribing, all of the events in the calendar will appear on your own calendar. If you wish to add individual events instead, please use the links below.
We can’t wait to see you there!
Save the Date
- January 6, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Ian Anderson, Director of Hockey Analytics at the Philadelphia Flyers (add to calendar)
- January 11, 2022 at 4 ET: An inclusive solution for teaching and learning R during the COVID pandemic | Presented by Patricia Menéndez (add to calendar)
- January 13, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Prabha Thanikasalam, Senior Director, Analytics and Supply Chain Solutions at Flex (add to calendar)
- January 18, 2022 at 12 ET: R in Supply Chain: Intro to Supply Chain Design & Forecasting Demand with R | Presented by Laura Rose & Ralph Asher (add to calendar)
- January 20, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Asmae Toumi, Director of Analytics at PursueCare (add to calendar)
- January 25, 2022 at 12 ET: Building a Blog with R | Presented by Isabella Velásquez (add to calendar)
- January 27, 2022 at 10 ET: R in Public Sector: Organizational & Technical Aspects of Shiny in Production | Presented by Sjoerd Wieringa & Job Spijker (add to calendar)
- January 27, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Theresa Ward, Sr Manager - New Glenn Production at Blue Origin (add to calendar)
- February 1, 2022 at 12 ET: Capacity Planning for Microsoft Azure Data Centers | Using R & RStudio Connect | Presented by Paul Chang (add to calendar)
- February 3, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Katie Schafer, Manager of Advanced Analytics at Beam Dental (add to calendar)
- February 7, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Finance Meetup | The shift to data: Industry trends from banks to hedge funds to federal agencies| Presented by Dmitri Adler & Merav Yuravlivker (add to calendar)
- February 10, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Matthias Mueller, Sr Director of Marketing Analytics at Campaign Monitor (add to calendar)
Data Science Hangout
Last year, we started an informal “data science hangout” at RStudio for the data science community to connect and chat about some of the more human-centric questions around data science leadership. These happen every Thursday at 12 ET with a different leader featured each week.
The conversation is all audience-based and there’s no registration needed, so you can jump on whenever it fits your schedule. Add the weekly hangouts to your calendar on AddEvent.
RStudio Enterprise Community Meetups
We also host industry meetups for teams to share the work they are doing within their organizations, teach lessons learned, and network with others. Join the group on Meetup.
ICYMI: December 2021 Events
- December 2, 2021 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Jarus Singh, Director of Quantitative Analytics at Pandora
- December 6, 2021 at 12 ET: Using RStudio on Amazon SageMaker | Presented by James Blair
- December 7, 2021 at 12 ET: R en la Administración Pública & informes de técnicas psicométricas con R Markdown | Presented by Daniela Garcia & Julieta Nieva
- December 9, 2021 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Aliyah Wakil, Epidemiology Team Lead at TX Department of State Health Services
- December 9, 2021 at 11 ET: Cut down on the grunt work and deliver insights more effectively with RStudio Connect, R Markdown, and Jupyter | Presented by Tom Mock
- December 9, 2021 at 2 ET: Leveraging the Cloud for Analytics Instruction at Scale: Challenges and Opportunities | Presented by Dr. Brian Anderson
- December 14, 2021 at 12 ET: Power Calculations in R: How much data is enough? | Panel meetup with Ethan Brown, Jianmei Wang, and Richard Webster
- December 16, 2021 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Ryan Garnett, Manager Data Management Insights & Analytics at Green Shield Canada
Call for Speakers
If you’re interested in sharing your work at a Meetup (or just starting to consider it for a future date down the road!), please fill out the speaker submission form. We’re always looking for a diverse set of speakers — if you are a member of a group that is underrepresented in data science, including people of color, those with disabilities, elders/older adults, LGBTQ folks, and women/minority genders, we highly encourage you to submit!