This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.rstudio.com/blog/rstudio-community-monthly-events-roundup-february-2022
Photo by Nick Morrison on Unsplash
Welcome to RStudio Community Monthly Events Roundup, where we update you on upcoming events happening at RStudio this month. Missed the great talks and presentations from last month? Find them listed under ICYMI: 2022 Events.
You can subscribe to the Community Events Calendar so that new events will automatically appear on your calendar. Please note that by subscribing, all of the events in the calendar will appear on your own calendar. If you wish to add individual events instead, please use the links below.
We can’t wait to see you there!
Save the Date
- February 3, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Katie Schafer, Head of Analytics at Beam Dental (add to calendar)
- February 7, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Finance Meetup: Industry trends from banks to hedge funds to federal agencies | Presented by Merav Yuravlivker and Dmitri Adler (add to calendar)
- February 10, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Matthias Mueller, Sr Director of Analytics at Campaign Monitor (add to calendar)
- February 16, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Sports Analytics Meetup: Using RStudio & Google Cloud to Scale Sports Analytics | Presented by Alok Pattani (add to calendar)
- February 17, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Mike Engine, Vice President and Data Science Team Leader at Engine (add to calendar)
- February 24, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Joseph Korszun, Manager of Data Science at ProCogia (add to calendar)
- March 3, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Stephen Bailey, Date Engineer at Whatnot (add to calendar)
- March 9, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Visualization Accessibility | Presented by Mara Averick and Maya Gans (add to calendar)
- March 10, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Kristi Angel, Senior Data Scientist at Grubhub (add to calendar)
- March 17, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Joe Gibson, Senior Project Director at de Beaumont Foundation (add to calendar)
Data Science Hangout
Last year, we started an informal “data science hangout” for the data science community to connect and chat about some of the more human-centric questions around data science leadership. These happen every Thursday at 12 ET with a different leader featured each week.
The conversation is all audience-based and there’s no registration needed, so you can jump on whenever it fits your schedule. Add the weekly hangouts to your calendar on AddEvent and check out the new website with all the recordings.
RStudio Enterprise Community Meetups
We also host industry meetups for teams to share the work they are doing within their organizations, teach lessons learned, and network with others. Join the group on Meetup.
ICYMI: 2022 Events
- January 6, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Ian Anderson, Director of Hockey Analytics at the Philadelphia Flyers
- January 11, 2022 at 4 ET: An inclusive solution for teaching and learning R during the COVID pandemic | Presented by Patricia Menéndez
- January 13, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Prabha Thanikasalam, Senior Director, Analytics and Supply Chain Solutions at Flex
- January 18, 2022 at 12 ET: R in Supply Chain: Intro to Supply Chain Design & Forecasting Demand with R | Presented by Laura Rose & Ralph Asher
- January 20, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Asmae Toumi, Director of Analytics at PursueCare
- January 25, 2022 at 12 ET: Building a Blog with R | Presented by Isabella Velásquez
- January 27, 2022 at 10 ET: R in Public Sector: Organizational & Technical Aspects of Shiny in Production | Presented by Sjoerd Wieringa & Job Spijker
- January 27, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Theresa Ward, Sr Manager - New Glenn Production at Blue Origin
- February 1, 2022 at 12 ET: Capacity Planning for Microsoft Azure Data Centers | Using R & RStudio Connect | Presented by Paul Chang
Call for Speakers
If you’re interested in sharing your work at a Meetup (or just starting to consider it for a future date down the road!), please fill out the speaker submission form. We’re always looking for a diverse set of speakers — if you are a member of a group that is underrepresented in data science, including people of color, those with disabilities, elders/older adults, LGBTQ folks, and women/minority genders, we highly encourage you to submit!