Rstudio::conf 2018 Evening Events

Hello. For those attending our conference in San Diego, we have a few great evening events planned and they are as follows:

• Wednesday, January 31st, 5:30pm - 7:30pm: All workshop attendees are invited to join us on the MGH pool deck (4th floor) for cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and a book signing featuring our authors.
  • Thursday, February 1st from 5:30pm - 7:30pm: Opening Reception, sponsored by Google Cloud, welcoming all attendees. Registration will be open and we will be serving drinks and light hors d'oeuvres. Additionally, make sure to swing by for our e-poster sessions.
  • Friday, February 2nd, 7pm - 10pm @ the Hard Rock Hotel: We will be serving food, drinks and fun on one of San Diego's most quintessential rooftops. Waitlist registration: https://events.attend.com/f/1383782678.

See you in San Diego!

I'm glad you posted this - I was just going to make a post asking if it would be weird if I brought R4DS to get signatures from @hadley and @garrett! :wink:

3 Likes

This seems to be the general conference registration, not the rooftop registration. Correct me if I'm wrong. I feel like I completed this one half a year ago...

@acarome never stated if it would be weird or not though :smile: :smile:

2 Likes

Hello. If you registered for the rooftop event, when registering for the conference, you are all set. Unfortunately, for those who did not, we are on a waitlist. You may register for the waitlist using the link provided.

I posted this in the RStudio::Rconf board but it didn't get a response: is there a listing of e-poster presenters and abstracts available anywhere? I can't find one on the website or app.

Hi Tyler,

We do not have them posted anywhere, but hope to in the next few days.

If you have a specific question, in the meantime, perhaps I could answer it
though.

Let me know.

Regards,
Anne

they should also have photo op sessions like they do at comic cons. :slight_smile:

That idea is right up my nerdy alley :wink:

1 Like