RStudio crashes after accessing terminal tab

Hello all,

for a few months now, I have a strange problem with my RStudio IDE. It crashes without a crash report every time I open it and switch to the terminal tab via clicking on it (it basically just closes the whole window abruptly). I had hoped it would go away after a few updates, but it did persist and it has become very annoying.

It works, however, by starting a new terminal using Alt + Shift + R. But after some time working on a project, you will have tons of terminals open. The problem also persists independent of working in a project or without a project.

Information on my system
I work on Windows 11 Pro (on an 64 bit system) and I am running the latest version of RStudio (2021.09.0 Build 351), my R version is 4.2.2 (2022-10-31 ucrt). However, the problem has been persisting on previous versions of R and RStudio as well. In case this is related, I am running GIT version 2.39.1.windows.1.

If you need any more information on my system or my software versions, please let me know.

Any tips and help is pretty much appreciated!
bx

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.