RStudio - Customer Success Representative
Customer Success Representative - RStudio
paid / USA / full-time
RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open-source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. Our customers are leading-edge innovators in analytics, machine learning, big data, and similar domains and generally work in R and Python.
The goal of our Customer Success team is to partner with our customers to drive adoption and predictable outcomes with RStudio’s professional products, leading to renewals, expansion, and advocacy. To retain business, the Customer Success team seeks proactively to eliminate barriers to the adoption of our enterprise products and demonstrate ongoing value. To increase adoption, the team regularly uses knowledge of open source data science and our professional products to equip our customers with the latest skills, in turn creating a natural demand for RStudio’s professional products.
As we grow, we are looking to add another Customer Success Representative to this talented and dedicated team. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Driving retention and growth among our customers by understanding their business needs and helping them succeed via your own subject matter expertise in open source data science, and your ability to advise decision-makers on industry best practices.
- Partnering with our Solutions Engineering team to ensure a successful roll-out of RStudio’s professional products
- Maintain a cadence of communicating with customers about their adoption trends, sentiment, and mining opportunities for deeper engagement
- Identify opportunities for customers to act as RStudio advocates (e.g., testimonials, case studies)
- Marshall resources across the RStudio org as needed to support customers needs
- Represent the voice of the customer to inform our sales process and product roadmap
- Finally, because of RStudio’s position within the R community, you must continue to learn about, contribute to, and be a champion of R, open-source data science, RStudio, and our community’s unique culture.
- You have used R in your job or had experience using R in an academic course, online learning platform, or academic research project.
- You are interested in a non-traditional and deeply technical sales role involving R and RStudio’s professional products.
- You are highly organized and thrive in a high-volume environment that will naturally have ambiguities and competing priorities.
- It’s a strong plus if you have been a part of or contributed to the R or RStudio communities through in-person meetups, conferences, workshops, events, or electronic forums.
- You have prior experience in the sales, consulting, or training fields, and feel at home in roles where you can offer value as both a teacher and a problem-solver.
- You have an awareness of the latest trends in the broader data science field and may have experience in other analytic software (such as Python, MATLAB, SAS, or SPSS).
- You are internally driven by curiosity and continuous learning. You have proven that you can be entrusted with big decisions, and you strive to bring thoughtfulness and empathy to all of your work.
- You are humble and collaborate well with other people. You thrive in team settings and exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are self-motivated, reliable, and can function effectively in a distributed team.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you, and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique, sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open-source software. We are profitable, and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- A profit-sharing program when the company does well
- A home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- A flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Apply to this position