RStudio - Data Science Evangelist
Data Science Evangelist - RStudio
paid / Remote, USA / full-time
We are searching for a highly creative Data Science Evangelist with knowledge of both the Data Science Market and various social media platforms. This person will lead our digital product marketing efforts, with a focus on RStudio’s professional products.
In this position, you will be part of the Product Marketing team, working closely with others in Marketing, subject matter experts across RStudio , our professional customers, and external experts to help educate data science leaders how they can scale open source data science across their organizations, using RStudio’s professional products.
With a knowledge of the data science market, storytelling abilities and data acumen, this role will use digital channels (including websites and social media) to help articulate the challenges faced by data science teams, the solutions to those challenges, and how RStudio’s professional products provide those solutions. This will be a key role in developing new content for social channels, as well as bringing the core content we create in Product Marketing to the right people in the right organizations, optimized for each channel and for the relevant personas.
The primary goal of this role will be to create helpful digital content, primarily optimized for social channels i.e. video and audio. In addition, you will communicate effectively and appropriately across our website and digital networks, educate the market and increase brand awareness.
Our ideal candidate is someone with an existing presence on social media in the data science area, knowledge of the data science market, relevant product marketing skills, and experience in social media management. In addition to being an outstanding communicator, you will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with the rest of the product marketing team to plan, create, modify and repurpose content suitable for digital marketing campaigns and our websites.
- Develop and coordinate with a network of internal subject matter experts (SMEs) for additional content production, optimized for digital channels.
- Plan these marketing campaigns in conjunction with others on the marketing team, to support and advance key marketing initiatives and themes.
- Develop and monitor program budgets.
- Substantially increase organic and paid reach on social media platforms where our buyers are.
- Plan and manage our social media platforms.
- Prepare accurate reports on our digital marketing campaign’s overall performance.
- Coordinate with advertising and media experts to improve marketing results.
- Work with your team to brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies.
- You are humble, kind, curious and people smart
- You’re a great storyteller with a passion for communicating with your peers on data science, and helping them overcome the challenges they face.
- You are highly organized, self-motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities, with strong critical thinking and project management skills
- You have experience working in product marketing, digital marketing, or related functions for data science or analytics software
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics.
- You have a solid understanding of video recording and editing. Understanding of HTML and CSS is desirable.
- You enjoy working with cross-functional teams, and understand trade-offs in goals and investments of resources
- Willingness and desire to work in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- You are able to communicate complex ideas in a straightforward, engaging and informative way, that demonstrates empathy for customers struggles and challenges
- Ability to speak and write effectively for a variety of audiences and channels of communication
- Familiarity with R and/or Python, and RStudio products, required
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms .
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model : We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Apply to this position