Rstudio desktop on raspberry pi

So I'm relatively new to linux systems, but I am taking a class on r at my university. My current setup is a chromebook that I use to remote into a windows computer, but I would much rather remote into my raspberry pi to access rstudio, just because it's a much more comfortable set up. However, I can't seem to get rstudio to install successfully. I have raspbian (debian) stretch, and every time I've tried installing rstudio I run into issues with missing dependencies.
The dependencies that I'm missing specifically are: libjpeg62, libedit2, libssl1.0.2, libgstreamer1.0-0, libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-0, and libc6. From what I've been able to find in my research is several of these are no longer supported by Debian, Debian having moved to more recent versions.
My hope is that some one here might be able to help point me in the right direction of how I might be able to install this, if it is even possible.
Thanks in advance!

I have never installed desktop version but I have a guide on setting up server version on raspbian if you want to give it a try.

https://forum.posit.co/t/setting-up-your-own-shiny-server-rstudio-server-on-a-raspberry-pi-3b/18982/32

If you want desktop version you would have to compile it from source and the biggest problem I have found with that, is compiling qt correctly in raspbian.

1 Like

I have never tried this, but I would assume that you can install Docker then download the Rstudio image rocker. This will take care of your dependency issues.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.