RStudio Desktop: r is taking longer to start than usual

Hello,

I have been running rstudio desktop for several months but recently I went to start it and it says "r is taking longer to start than usual" and the loading wheel just spins and spins but it never opens. I am running the latest versions of R and Rstudio as of this post. I am running windows 10 as my operating system.

I have tried deleting .Rdata, Rprofile.site, .Rprofile and .Renviron files. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both R and Rstudio to the default locations. When I try to start R with an OS command it says "R is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." Yet if I use the short cut I am able to open base R.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be much appreciated I have been trying to fix this for days but have found nothing but dead ends. Please let me know if there is more data I can provide that would be useful in resolving this issue.

Thank you.

Have you tried resetting RStudio's state?

Yes, I have tried resetting RStudios's State, the same problem occurs.
Within RStudios State > log it says "ERROR Unable to retrieve user home path" does this have to do with pathing and R studio being unable to find R?

These are the logs and the errors I am getting when I try to start Rstudio

Rdesktop log
2021-11-23T19:57:51.860045Z [rdesktop] ERROR Main window closed unexpectedly; LOGGED FROM: auto __cdecl rstudio::desktop::MainWindow::closeEvent::<lambda_6df4003a5993ea0cdb87988cf8be933c>::operator ()(class QVariant) const src/cpp/desktop/DesktopMainWindow.cpp:524
2021-11-23T20:02:16.725598Z [rdesktop] ERROR Main window closed unexpectedly; LOGGED FROM: auto __cdecl rstudio::desktop::MainWindow::closeEvent::<lambda_6df4003a5993ea0cdb87988cf8be933c>::operator ()(class QVariant) const src/cpp/desktop/DesktopMainWindow.cpp:524

R-session mypc log
2021-11-23T19:57:44.742719Z [rsession-Marks PC] ERROR Unable to retrieve user home path. HRESULT: -2147024893; LOGGED FROM: class rstudio::core::FilePath __cdecl rstudio::core::system::userSettingsPath(const class rstudio::core::FilePath &,const class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits,class std::allocator > &,bool) src/cpp/core/system/Win32System.cpp:338

I have resolved the issue.

I had to uninstall R and Rstudio
Launch "run" enter %localappdata% and delete all files pertaining to R or Rstudio
Launch "run" enter %appdata% go to roaming and delete the Rstudio files there
Got to where I had my R packages installed and delete those
Then I had to reinstall R and RStudio

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.