RStudio en Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

How install RStudio in Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Hi @EAG and welcome to the RStudio Community :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

The easiest way to do it would be to download a .deb file from the RStudio website and install it. Here is the download page:

Scroll down and click on the link corresponding to your Linux distribution (Ubuntu 18+/Debian 10+).

I tried to install RStudio using Ubuntu Software. It wasn't possible and I got that message:
No se puede instalar rstudio: The following packages have unmet dependencies:

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS is not supported on the latest stable release of RStudio, but there are daily builds that already support it, just be aware that these builds are meant for testing and might not be very stable.

https://dailies.rstudio.com/rstudio/spotted-wakerobin/electron/jammy/

1 Like

I could install Rstudio on my freshly upgraded Ubuntu 22.04 with R version 4.2.0 (2022-04-22) installed. I can start Rstudio, it shows the tab header, but in fact it is not showing the GUI or responsive. I always need to stop via terminal with top. If I start from terminal I get: Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway. I hope you can fix this soon. Will I have a similar issue with Rstudio-server? Then I better wait before I do the Dist upgrade.

now Rstudio Desktop works again for me on Ubuntu 22.04 by disabling the sandbox RStudio startup issues - #3 by ibertchen

Hi,

I would like to ask if there is an approximate date of release for a stable version of RStudio for Ubuntu 22.04?

Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.