RStudio ERROR system error 13 (Permission denied)

Hi, I upgraded Rstudio version from "rstudio-server-rhel-1.2.5033-x86_64.rpm" to "rstudio-server-rhel-1.3.1073-x86_64.rpm".

Now, the rstudio-server is not coming up ang giving below error in "/var/log/messages".

Sep  2 05:43:16 rsser24v0075 rserver[121820]: ERROR system error 13 (Permission denied) [description: Failed to get user details., user-value: , description: Could not change owner for path /var/run/rstudio-server. Is root squash enabled?]; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::system::User::Impl::populateUser(rstudio::core::system::User::Impl::GetPasswdFunc<T>&, T) [with T = const char*  rstudio::core::system::User::Impl::GetPasswdFunc<T> = std::function<int(const char*, passwd*, char*, long unsigned int, passwd**)>] src/cpp/shared_core/system/User.cpp:77; LOGGED FROM: int main(int, char* const*) src/cpp/server/ServerMain.cpp:580

I checked other similar issues but they don;t have solution of this. can you please help me to check on this?

Thanks,

Typically a system permissions problem

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.