RStudio freezes if connection speed to file's location in the server is slow.

Hi, I would like to get some help about the following situation.

At work, we store all our files in a server. The connection to this server is not always smooth and sometimes it will freeze for some seconds: at times it will take some seconds to load a folder, or open a simple pdf, etc.

The problem comes with .R files or .Rmd stored in the server that we open with our RStudio IDE.

Whenever I have my RStudio session load a script (.R or .Rmd) that is stored on the server, my RStudio will freeze whenever the connection to the server is lagging too - even after the file has been loaded.

Now, I have made sure that I open my RStudio session locally, I make sure the work directory is in a local folder - both in the script and the console -, but no matter what I try, if the file that I loaded is in the server, whenever I want to run it I will be subject to the servers' connection speed.

How could I work around this problem while keeping the .R and .Rmd files in the server?

Thank you all!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.