RStudio getting extremely slow on remote desk top

It may sound a little bazar, but when I was trying to run Rstudio on my universities' servers today, it suddenly becomes extremely slow. There are 6 servers, one of them used to work just fine in the past two months, and suddenly that one had the same issue as other five as well.

This is basically saying that there wasn't any issue with the code itself from past experiences, while even "library()" takes forever now. It seems to freeze. I did some research online, and found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-real-time-protection-service/fda3f73e-cc0a-4946-9b9d-3c05057ef90c . However, the defender settings of the server hasn't been changed. At the same time, I tried resetting RStudio Desktop's State, while it didn't seem to work either.

Did anybody else encounter the same issue before? Any help will be sincerely appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.