I have a RMD file that starts off by importing data. Right now, while debugging this is the ONLY thing in the rmarkdown file (aside from the YAML header)
This is a "large" data file, 43k records, 3k variables. 20M on disk.
If I run this code interactively, it works fine. Data is read in - hooray.
If I knit, no errors show up, but the program hangs when it hits that code chunk. And that stop sign icon that shows up in the top right of the Rmarkdown window, goes away shortly. Then... nothing.
It is specific to this data set, BUT it works on my local desktop version. This is not unique to my project, I am trying to debug problems for some of my students.
If I open the project and call
rmarkdown::render() on the RMD file in question it works, but only the first time. If I change nothing, and called render again, and it hangs.
I am at a total loss as to how to debug/proceed. It works with other data sets, and it works when commenting out
load() and knitting the same file.