RStudio IDE code-completion suggestions and auto-complete not working correctly for dplyr join functions

Hey y'all,

This feels like such a weird thing that it must be only happening to me, but since it reproduces for different versions of both dplyr (1.0.10 and 1.0.99.9000) and different versions of RStudio (2022.07.2 Build 576 and 2022.02.3 Build 492.pro3) I figured I'd ask here at the risk of looking rather silly :see_no_evil:

Basically, pressing tab for auto-complete doesn't work for dplyr join functions for me, except for the first two arguments; x and y, when not piping; or y and by when piping. After that the code-completion suggestions (and auto-complete) don't work (image a), unless I first delete the closing parenthesis (image b) or forget a comma (image c)

The following screenshots show what happens when pressing tab:

a)

b)

c)

This doesn't reproduce in any other functions I've tried (see image d for example)

d)

Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.