RStudio experiences frequent crashes (e.g., every 20 minutes) with little user interaction or activity. Here is an example of a reported Windows event:
The program rstudio.exe version 1.2.1578.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
- Process ID: 1550*
- Start Time: 01d578c161bea02c*
- Termination Time: 22*
- Application Path: C:\Program Files\RStudio\bin\rstudio.exe*
- Report Id: 97524c71-3613-4c1b-ad28-a04638f64b39*
- Faulting package full name: *
- Faulting package-relative application ID: *
- Hang type: Unknown*
Environment: Windows 10 1903 4 cores 8GB SSD w/ 94GB free space.
VMWare workstation 14.1.7build 12989993
this is the approximate sequence of the last crash:
(0) open an existing package project;
(1) read a couple of CSV files;
(2) type a save command, e.g., save(dataname, "filenam,rda");
(3) browse the internet on a second VM (second monitor) and decide to change he command to saverds());
(4) move the mouse to the first VM screen and click on the console window;
(5) R Studio froze.
- earlier crashes all occurred upon somehow clicking on the GUI;
- it seems that this has to do with going back and forth between the two VM monitors.