RStudio IDE crashing when publishing to Quarto Pub

Hej there!

I have just built a blog using Quarto within RStudio. Now I am trying to publish my blog on Quarto Pub. However, when I try to use the Terminal within RStudio and enter quarto publish quarto-pub the RStudio IDE crashes shortly after without warning or error message. This is also the case for publishing to other sites (e.g. quarto publish connect).

Otherwise the terminal works just fine and I can also use other quarto commands such as quarto render to render the files for the blog.

Some more information that may be helpful:

RStudio Version

2022.07.2+576

Session Information

R version 4.2.2 (2022-10-31 ucrt)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 22621)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=German_Germany.utf8 LC_CTYPE=German_Germany.utf8 LC_MONETARY=German_Germany.utf8
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C LC_TIME=German_Germany.utf8

The log file shows the following message:
ERROR CLIENT EXCEPTION (rsession-claas): (TypeError) : Cannot read property 'O' of null;|||org/rstudio/studio/client/workbench/views/source/editors/text/AceEditor.java#4509::setScrollSpeed [shortened]

I would highly appreciate any comments on a possible solution for my problem. I have already re-installed RStudio but it did not change anything.

1 Like

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Your issue sounds like a duplicate of what's been reported at RStudio crashes when using Terminal - RStudio IDE - RStudio Community

Could you please follow the instructions there (to download the latest daily build, and also report your quarto version)?

1 Like

Dear Andrie,

my Quarto version is 1.2.269 (just updated).

I have just downloaded and installed the latest RStudio build and can now (happily) confirm that the issue has been fixed.

Thank you for your helpful response and instructions!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.