RStudio IDE wipes files

Hi,
after updating R and RStudio IDE on Win10, it wipes the contents of scripts:

1. File has content on disk ->
    open project in RStudio IDE ->
    script still has content in RStudio IDE ->
    knitting report fails, because script file is empty on disk (but still has content in IDE) ->
    save file ->
    still no content on disk

2. Script with content created in Notepad ->
    saved to disk ->
    opened in RStudio ->
    script is empty

Is there anything I could do about it?

Steffen

RStudio Versions

2022.02.1+461
2022.02.2 Build 485

Session Information

R version 4.2.0 (2022-04-22 ucrt)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 19042)

R Version

platform : x86_64-w64-mingw32
arch : x86_64
crt : ucrt
system : x86_64, mingw32
major : 4
minor : 2.0
year : 2022
month : 04
day : 22
svn rev : 82229
language : R
version.string : R version 4.2.0 (2022-04-22 ucrt)
nickname : Vigorous Calisthenics

Are you a user of onedrive (or equivalent) ? and using it as a container for the R script files in question?
I ask because I've come across people in that scenario, and the solution for them has been to not use onedrive. for R scripts. (onedrive might be good for your data) you code can be effectively backed up by git and git complementary services like github

Hi,
I'm using Nextcloud. Although NC has had the habit of replacing new local files with older ones from the server, it has never wiped them, as far as I can tell.

The good news is, that the described behavior stopped some days after I'd written the post. Meanwhile, I'd updated every possible package in the hope it would repair the problem. And perhaps, one of the updates did.

Regards,
Steffen

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.