RStudio Initialization Error: Unable to start RStudio Desktop

Error Information: RStudio Initialization Error: Unable to establish connection with R session

Description of issue - I am using RStudio from last couple of years on my Macbook. However, I have been facing problem for last few weeks that when I open RStudio it open a popup window stating "RStudio Initialization Error: Unable to start RStudio Desktop". When I press ok then it shows two popup windows simultaneously stating "R encountered a fatal error;The session was terminated". Also, this problem appears suddenly, otherwise it was working perfect.

Attempted steps taken to fix - I tried to uninstalling and reinstalling the updated versions of both R and RStudio many times and my Macbook has also latest iOS version but I could not resolve this issue. I tried to find the solution and in RStudio community but it did not work for me.

Your support in this regard will be very much appreciated.

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: (Desktop or Server) Desktop
  • RStudio Version: RStudio-1.1.463
  • OS Version: 10.13.5 (17F77)
  • R Version: R-3.5.2
  • Output your diagnostics report (if possible): RStudio Initialization Error: Unable to start RStudio Desktop". When I press ok then it shows two popup windows simultaneously stating "R encountered a fatal error;The session was terminated".

From RStudio Desktop Will Not Start on support.rstudio.com

You can try resetting RStudio's state: https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200534577-Resetting-RStudio-Desktop-s-State

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.