Description of issue -
I am running Rstudio IDE in an offline windows virtual machine, with a PORT open to CRAN for packages. Yet, install.packages() gives all sort of errors (everytime different ones), while installing via Rgui gives no problems.
Steps taken so far -
Run as administrator
Installed packages via Rgui - no errors
Install pacakges via Rstudio - different errors everytime, it is hard to reproduce because everytime Rstudio swings a new error at me, a few examples:
- *** recursive gc invocation errors, repeatedly
- warning: stack imbalance in "vapply", 66 then 65
- error in install.packages: "fmt" is not a character vector
- error in install.packages: "findVar" is not an environment
- error in install.packages: "invalid subscript type "language"
- r sessions aborted by r studio due to "fatal error"
Really have no clue what can be wrong, tried re-installing Rstudio, but doesn't seem to solve the problem. Any ideas?
- RStudio Edition: Desktop
- RStudio Version: IDE 2021.09.2+382
- OS Version: Windows Server 2019 (Windows 10)
- R Version: 4.1.2