RStudio is not saving my work

Hello,
RStudio is no longer working and I have an assignment due in a couple of days and my professor does not know what to do. I can restart the assignment, but it is a lot to do and time consuming. I am simply scared I won't be able to turn it in on time before grades are due and messing up my GPA. This is my first semester in college and it would help a lot.

dont panic; an .rmd document is simply plain text; so you would be fine to just copy and paste the contents into notepad and save it anywhere you can find it convenient to save it to.
Beyond that ; I lack knowledge of your file system; how aware of it are you ?

if you go to the file browser in the bottom right pane, what shows there ? does the home button work ? do you have write privileges there ?

if you go to the terminal (Alt+Shift+R to open) and type pwd, where does it think you are ?

It still not working, it shows it is not recognised as a command.
I do not have much acknowledge of my file system.

Does your system have a plain text editor that is capable of saving text anywhere ? if so my original suggestion of copying and pasting stands.

Lets use R to explore your system then;
in the console; what is the result you get when you run the commands ?

Sys.info()

and

getwd()

copy and pasting the results are preferred above screenshots

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.