Manager of Technical Operations
Engineering // USA
Manager of Technical Operations
RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core is an open-source data science toolchain and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
We are looking for a manager of technical operations to lead planning, execution, and team development for the Business Automation team. This team of engineers works cross-functionally with the Finance, Solutions Engineering, Customer Support, Customer Success and People Operations disciplines.
While RStudio creates data science products, experience in data science and R is not required for this role. The ideal candidate will have a track record of integrating complex systems with Lean principles and a sharp focus on our internal customers.
- Facilitate the design, build, and maintenance of integrations between systems such as Salesforce and Oracle NetSuite.
- Analyze deliverables and communicate with stakeholders from across the organization.
- Deliver consistently high-quality releases that delight and engage internal stakeholders.
- Facilitate collaboration across the team to drive prioritization, alignment, and effective execution.
- Invest in processes, cadence, and infrastructure that will scale and focus the team.
- Manage, mentor, and grow our distributed team of engineers.
- Instill a strong sense of ownership, agency, and autonomy within the team while sustaining trust and credibility with stakeholders across the RStudio organization.
- You have hands on experience, with aspects of development and automation tools .
- You are humble and people-focused . You invest in strong relationships with your colleagues and can motivate your team even in the most complex situations.
- You exemplify servant leadership through empowerment, enablement, and mentorship.
- You thrive on solving problems through product-mindedness and customer focus .
- You model excellent communication and collaboration skills and you can lead effectively in a distributed team .
- You are internally driven by curiosity and continuous learning. You have proven that you can be entrusted with big decisions and strive to bring understanding and empathy to the entire team.
- We welcome all talented engineers and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms .
- We prioritize giving engineers “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model : 50% of engineering we do at RStudio is open source. We are profitable and we plan to be around twenty years from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.