RStudio no longer working after upgrade to R 4.2.0

I'm making progress, I think. I have completed updating my library, and now there are only 9 packages that are not updated to 4.2: cairodevice, car, EasyABC, gdata, ggplot2, gWidfets2RGtk2, rethinking, RGtk2, and USABoundariesData .

The only one of these that I am concerned about is ggplot2. There is a version of ggplot2 in my private library, and it seems to install and function correctly at least for simple plots. This would seem to be a pretty important update, though. Any news about this?

More important, however, is that I am still unable to open the currently installed version of RStudio since updating the R to 4.2. When I try to open RStudio, it immediately crashes with the comment "RStudio Rsession has stopped working," and no other error code. But when I close the window, I get the following:

## R Session Startup Failure Report

### RStudio Version

RStudio 2021.09.0+351, "Ghost Orchid" (077589bc, 2021-09-20) for Windows

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) QtWebEngine/5.12.8 Chrome/69.0.3497.128 Safari/537.36

### Error message

[No error available]

### Process Output

The R session exited with code 0. 

Error output:

[No errors emitted]

Standard output:

[No output emitted]

### Logs

*C:/Users/hunsickerl/AppData/Local/RStudio/log/rsession-hunsickerl.log*

2022-05-03T13:22:31.196606Z [rsession-hunsickerl] WARNING findProgramOnPath returns wrong result: C:\Users\HUNSIC~1\AppData\Roaming\TinyTeX\bin\win32\pdflatex.exe != C:/Users/hunsickerl/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/bin/win32/pdflatex.exe; LOGGED FROM: class rstudio::core::FilePath __cdecl rstudio::session::module_context::findProgram(const class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits,class std::allocator > &) src/cpp/session/SessionModuleContext.cpp:1206
2022-05-03T13:22:31.217093Z [rsession-hunsickerl] WARNING findProgramOnPath returns wrong result: C:\Users\HUNSIC~1\AppData\Roaming\TinyTeX\bin\win32\pdflatex.exe != C:/Users/hunsickerl/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/bin/win32/pdflatex.exe; LOGGED FROM: class rstudio::core::FilePath __cdecl rstudio::session::module_context::findProgram(const class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits,class std::allocator > &) src/cpp/session/SessionModuleContext.cpp:1206
2022-05-03T13:22:31.217093Z [rsession-hunsickerl] WARNING findProgramOnPath returns wrong result: C:\Users\HUNSIC~1\AppData\Roaming\TinyTeX\bin\win32\pdflatex.exe != C:/Users/hunsickerl/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/bin/win32/pdflatex.exe; LOGGED FROM: class rstudio::core::FilePath __cdecl rstudio::session::module_context::findProgram(const class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits,class std::allocator > &) src/cpp/session/SessionModuleContext.cpp:1206

Evidently RStudio is not parsing the Windows file location correctly, since 
C:\Users\HUNSIC~1\AppData\Roaming\TinyTeX\bin\win32\pdflatex.exe  
expands to
C:/Users/hunsickerl/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/bin/win32/pdflatex.exe

Is this error something due to the difference between R3.1 and R3.2? 

When I removed RStudio and reinstalled it with a new version 2022.02.2 Build 485, one my home machine, RStudio then opened correctly with R 3.2.0.  

I guess that before I ask my sysop to update our copy of RStudio, I'd want to be sure that the new version will play nicely also with the R 3.1.x versions that other folks on the cluster are continuing to use.

Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help!
Larry