RStudio not compatible with R graphics engine version 15

Hello,

I recently installed the latest available version of RStudio (RStudio Desktop 2021.09.1+372) on macOS 12.0.1, with R 4.2.0. Whenever I start it, I get the following warning:

Warning message:
R graphics engine version 15 is not supported by this version of RStudio. The Plots tab will be disabled until a newer version of RStudio is installed. 

The Plots tab is then indeed disabled, with plots opening up on separate windows. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling RStudio, but it did not help.

Any ideas on how to possibly fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance.

1 Like

You're using a development version of R so will also need a development version of RStudio. As luck would have it we just added Graphics Engine 15 support earlier today (experimental). Give it a try and let us know how it works for you:

https://dailies.rstudio.com/

2 Likes

That looks exactly like what I was looking for! I have just tested it and the plot tabs is working fine again. Thanks a lot for this!

1 Like

@Rafa.A You're welcome, and thank you for the update! We're glad to hear that this fix works.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.