Rstudio not loading properly

Error Information:

Description of issue - RStudio will not start correctly on MacOS Big Sur, R version 4.0.3. When attempting to load Rstudio, I am just getting a blank white screen.

Attempted steps taken to fix - I followed the steps here: https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200488508-RStudio-Desktop-Will-Not-Start, including (1) deleting startup files, (2) ensuring the output of Sys.which('R') which is "usr/local/bin/R" is in the PATH, (3) resetting Rstudio's state. I do not have a firewall active.

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: (Desktop or Server) Desktop
  • RStudio Version: unable to access to be sure, but just downloaded RStudio on 2020-01-04
  • OS Version: Mac OS Big Sur (version 11.1)
  • R Version: 4.0.3
  • Output your diagnostics report (if possible): Not sure what to say here - When I attempt to start RStudio, a blank white window is created, however I am not able to start or load any projects or files.

From RStudio Desktop Will Not Start on support.rstudio.com

Hi @BenjaminVincent,
Welcome to the RStudio Community Forum.

Try running RStudio as an administrator or superuser.
Check your antivirus software is not blocking RStudio (if it is, add RStudio to the exclusions).
Is your machine a corporate machine that has been "locked-down" by the system admins?
Check that Rgui runs OK from the terminal.

HTH

1 Like

Thanks so much for your reply! I'm using a personal machine that is not locked down in any way. Antivirus is not blocking Rstudio. Rgui runs fine from the terminal, however when I attempt to run 'rstudio' I get "rstudio: command not found" That said, when I click to open Rstudio from the Applications folder, it opens to a blank white screen but won't do anything else. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.