RStudio opens with black screen

Hi
When I open the actual version of RStudio on my WIndows 10 machine, it shows a black screen and a short moment a white "flash" from the NE corner. I only see the top bar of the screen with the Rstudio logo. I uninstalled it, removed all the stuff in the roaming and local folders, removed all the registry entries (if possible). Restarted my computer and reinstalled it. Didn't work. Downloaded the daily version(1.4.7). Same issue. I am using R4.0.0. Here is the output, when I run "diagnostics.exe":

Log file: C:/Users/renge/AppData/Local/RStudio-Desktop/log/rdesktop.log
--------------------------------------------------

(Not Found)

Log file: C:/Users/renge/AppData/Local/RStudio-Desktop/log/rsession-renge.log

16 Aug 2020 11:17:49 [rsession-renge] ERROR CLIENT EXCEPTION (rsession-renge): (TypeError) : Cannot read property 'K' of null;
org/rstudio/studio/client/workbench/views/source/editors/text/AceEditor.java#4019::setScrollSpeed
org/rstudio/studio/client/workbench/views/source/editors/text/AceEditorMonitor.java#46::monitor
org/rstudio/studio/client/workbench/views/source/editors/text/AceEditorMonitor.java#70::execute
com/google/gwt/core/client/impl/SchedulerImpl.java#140::execute
com/google/gwt/core/client/impl/Impl.java#306::apply
com/google/gwt/core/client/impl/Impl.java#345::entry0
rstudio-0.js#-1::eval
com/google/gwt/cell/client/AbstractEditableCell.java#41::viewDataMap
Client-ID: 33e600bb-c1b1-46bf-b562-ab5cba070b0e
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0  Win64  x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) QtWebEngine/5.12.8 Chrome/69.0.3497.128 Safari/537.36

User prefs: C:/Users/renge/AppData/Roaming/RStudio/rstudio-prefs.json

(Not Found)

System prefs: C:/ProgramData/RStudio/rstudio-prefs.json

(Not Found)

User state: C:/Users/renge/AppData/Local/RStudio/rstudio-desktop.json

{
    "context_id": "D30D849F",
    "error_handler_type": "traceback"
}

Any idea what this might be causing? It worked fine last week, so probably some Windows Update...
Cheers
Renger

It was adware... I removed it and everything is working fine again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.