RStudio package citations

I love the ability to insert citations for packages in Visual mode, but I've noticed that the resulting citations are often incomplete. For example, [@tidyverse] will result in:

@article{tidyverse,
title = {Welcome to the {\textbraceleft}tidyverse{\textbraceright}},
author = {Wickham, Hadley and Averick, Mara and Bryan, Jennifer and Chang, Winston and McGowan, {Lucy D'Agostino} and {François}, Romain and Grolemund, Garrett and Hayes, Alex and Henry, Lionel and Hester, Jim and Kuhn, Max and Pedersen, Thomas Lin and Miller, Evan and Bache, Stephan Milton and {Müller}, Kirill and Ooms, Jeroen and Robinson, David and Seidel, Dana Paige and Spinu, Vitalie and Takahashi, Kohske and Vaughan, Davis and Wilke, Claus and Woo, Kara and Yutani, Hiroaki},
year = {2019},
date = {2019},
pages = {1686},
volume = {4},
doi = {10.21105/joss.01686}
}

while citation("tidyverse") gives:

@Article{,
title = {Welcome to the {tidyverse}},
author = {Hadley Wickham and Mara Averick and Jennifer Bryan and Winston Chang and Lucy D'Agostino McGowan and Romain François and Garrett Grolemund and Alex Hayes and Lionel Henry and Jim Hester and Max Kuhn and Thomas Lin Pedersen and Evan Miller and Stephan Milton Bache and Kirill Müller and Jeroen Ooms and David Robinson and Dana Paige Seidel and Vitalie Spinu and Kohske Takahashi and Davis Vaughan and Claus Wilke and Kara Woo and Hiroaki Yutani},
year = {2019},
journal = {Journal of Open Source Software},
volume = {4},
number = {43},
pages = {1686},
doi = {10.21105/joss.01686},
}

Note that RStudio dropped the journal name from the citation. I find that I need to always edit the references.bib file by copying the correct info from citation(). Could this get "fixed" in a future version?

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.