Data Scientist, Marketing - RStudio PBC
paid / remote-USA / full-time
RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open-source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. Our customers are leading-edge innovators in analytics, machine learning, big data, and similar domains and generally work in R and Python.
The RStudio Marketing and Sales teams are looking for a Data Scientist to help build out the next generation customer acquisition and retention systems. The Data Scientist at RStudio reports to the RStudio Director of Marketing. This is a unique opportunity for the Data Scientist to lay the data science foundation working for a company that’s all about Data Science.
You will work with the RStudio tool set from wrangling raw data, optimizing our campaigns and sales efforts, and all the way up to designing and deploying executive and board dashboards. This is a critical role in helping RStudio learn more about our business so that we can do a better job delivering on our mission.
- You will be the first data scientist hire supporting our Sales and Marketing teams
- You will collaborate with other stakeholders to develop models of customer behavior
- You will help design, measure, and optimize customer experiences that are unique and valuable
- You will be working on the entire “stack” from raw data to experimental analysis
- You will analyze experimental results and apply what you learn to future experiments
- You will share report findings to all relevant stakeholders, including non-technical stakeholders
- You will work with Sales and Marketing leadership on setting long term goals with clear deliverables and making action plans to realize them
- You will work on a marketing attribution model, lifetime value modeling, and data visualization - ability to present results clearly to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You are humble, kind, curious, and people smart
- 2+ years of direct experience in a data science role, ideally working in a Sales and Marketing capacity
- Hands-on experience developing, debugging, improving models in R
- You are highly organized, self-motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities, with strong critical thinking and project management skills
- You enjoy working with cross-functional teams, and understand trade-offs in goals and investments of resources
- Willingness and desire to work in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- You are able to communicate complex ideas in a straightforward, engaging and informative way, that demonstrates empathy for customers struggles and challenges
- Familiarity with R (critical), Python, and RStudio products (a plus)
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open-source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come into one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered, for family coverage too)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- A flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.