paid / internship / remote in the United States
RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
This Internship will focus on helping share data science customer stories. Customer stories and conversations are a critical source of information, both for the data science community and for product teams, and RStudio has many such conversations with our customers.
What you'll be doing:
- Build a repeatable and scalable framework and process for managing and sharing customer stories, both internally at RStudio, and to the wider data science community.
- Start with raw content (primarily recorded videos), and automate as much as feasible, including tagging the videos (according to topic, theme, etc.)
- Generate transcript to make the content searchable.
- Build an extensible dashboard to monitor and manage to process, and make the content easily discoverable.
- You will have knowledge around automation (via scripting, etc.), video tagging, presentation design, APIs, and Shiny (or similar) based applications.
- You have a willingness to find unique solutions for bringing together disparate sources on information.
- You are able to consolidate and share them from one central repository.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms .
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model : We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- Interns are hired as temporary employees, and are not eligible for RStudio benefits.
- 100% remote.
- Interns must be eligible to work in the United States (no international hires).
- Start date: May 24th - June 7th
- The duration of the program is 12 weeks.
- Pay Rate: $25/hr, assume 40 hours per week.
- Interns are eligible for paid holidays on Memorial Day (5/31/21), Juneteenth (observed on 6/18/21), July 4th, and Labor Day (9/6/21).