Product Marketing Manager - RStudio PBC
paid / remote-USA / full-time
RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open-source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. Our customers are leading-edge innovators in analytics, machine learning, big data, and similar domains and generally work in R and Python.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will be part of a team responsible for planning and implementing our software marketing efforts, to promote awareness of RStudio’s commercial products and overall brand, and grow revenue in accordance with RStudio’s goals. Product marketing is a relatively new function at RStudio, and you will be helping to shape the priorities and strategy of this team.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to craft the key product marketing strategy and messaging for our commercial products, and then to execute that strategy through a variety of channels, including:
- Identify market problems and pain points for relevant personas, crafting messaging plans to speak to those pain points and explain how RStudio products can provide solutions.
- Lead efforts to generate strong momentum ahead of new product launches, including project management for the launch process.
- Focus on implementing programs that consistently engage our target personas in relevant conversations, and that generate high-quality pipeline that drives bookings.
- Writing copy for web pages, blogs, social media
- Planning and contribution to webinars and speaking engagements at conferences
- Sales training and enablement with relevant, focused materials
- Competitive and market analysis to help guide our marketing and product investments.
- Work closely with product development team to determine the most profitable course for each existing and new product
- You have experience working in product marketing or related functions for data science or analytics software
- You are humble, kind, curious and people smart
- You are highly organized, self-motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities, with strong critical thinking and project management skills
- You enjoy working with cross-functional teams, and understand trade-offs in goals and investments of resources
- Willingness and desire to work in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- You are able to communicate complex ideas in a straightforward, engaging and informative way, that demonstrates empathy for customers struggles and challenges
- Ability to speak and write effectively for a variety of audiences and channels of communication
- Familiarity with R and/or Python, and RStudio products, a plus
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms .
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model : We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open-source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come into one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- A flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.