paid / internship / remote in the United States
RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
What you'll do:
- Work with the R Markdown team on our ecosystem of R packages for data science communication built on Pandoc.
- Contribute actively to our software development process as we work to improve our toolchain for academic, scientific, and technical publishing.
- Depending on your skillset you may write code, draft documentation, interview end-users, and provide feedback to the software development team.
- You have general R experience.
- You can efficiently use Git/GitHub.
- You have had previous use of R Markdown.
- You are able to write clearly about code.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms .
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model : We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- Interns are hired as temporary employees, and are not eligible for RStudio benefits.
- 100% remote.
- Interns must be eligible to work in the United States (no international hires).
- Start date: May 24th - June 7th
- The duration of the program is 12 weeks.
- Pay Rate: $25/hr, assume 40 hours per week.
- Interns are eligible for paid holidays on Memorial Day (5/31/21), Juneteenth (observed on 6/18/21), July 4th, and Labor Day (9/6/21).