Senior Software Engineer - RStudio PBC
paid / USA-remote / full-time
Senior Software Engineer
We are looking to hire a Software Engineer to work on supporting learning use cases in rstudio.cloud.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who:
- Has 10+ years of experience building, shipping, and maintaining software in production.
- Has experience running a hosted SaaS product.
- Has demonstrated an ability to mentor and help less experienced developers grow.
- Has worked with different programming languages/paradigms and has a willingness to use the “right” tool for the job at hand.
- Has experience ensuring high code quality of a codebase with multiple contributors.
- Is comfortable navigating ambiguity and is flexible enough to quickly iterate and pivot as the team learns.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms .
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model : We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.