Site Reliability Engineer - RStudio PBC
paid / USA-remote / full-time
Site Reliability Engineer
RStudio is seeking our next Site Reliability Engineer. As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects including our cloud marketplace offerings, hosted applications, and internal infrastructure, which will greatly impact our end-users and employees. You will be given a large amount of autonomy to determine the right tool for the right job. This is a cross-functional role and you will partner closely with the engineering, support and solutions teams.
What you may work on
- You will design operational processes and solutions to proactively address issues before they become customer facing
- Identify persistent or recurring problems and recommend creative solutions
- Build tools and solutions for bridging software development teams with system infrastructure
- 4+ years experience with a high-level scripting language such as Python or Ruby
- 3+ years advanced-level experience with Linux
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services
- You have experience designing and implementing elastic solutions while ensuring no single point of failure
- Familiarity with system scalability, monitoring, and performance with the ability to troubleshoot systems, network, and storage
- Proficiency with automation tools, such as Chef or Puppet, in a production environment
- Solid understanding of the challenges with creating, scaling, and managing distributed applications and service
- Educate, train, and coach the engineering and solutions engineering teams in best practices
- Effectively use tools and techniques to maximize impact on scaling services and systems
- Ability to work independently on a number of projects with employees across teams
- Experience with Kubernetes, ceph, Azure, Windows administration a plus
- We welcome all talented engineers and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms .
- We prioritize giving engineers “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model : 50% of engineering we do at RStudio is open source. We are profitable and we plan to be around twenty years from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.