I'm running RStudio Preview 1.2.1114 (build 1150) on Windows 10 1809, and I'm having a problem where my notebook has started consistently becoming unresponsive when I try to add to it. If I save every few characters, I'm able to get a few more characters in, but then it stops responding. The behaviour involves:
- I can add content to the notebook in the source pane, but I can't save the file or run chunks;
- I can type out commands in the console, but when I hit Enter they don't run (and RStudio doesn't show a 'Stop' button as it would during lengthy calculations);
- Submenu buttons work, but commands tied to buttons don't do anything;
- I can type in boxes, like the documentation search, but pressing Enter doesn't do anything;
- If I try to Exit , I'm prompted about unsaved changes, but if I press Save, the file isn't actually saved and the app doesn't quit (unless I force close it using the Task Manager).
In short, the interface isn't "frozen", but nothing relating to app state appears to work. CPU and RAM usage while in this state appears normal.
Not sure if this problem is specific to the contents of the notebook (I can attach it if necessary), but it's about about 80 lines with a couple of chunks plotting some basic data in ggplot2. I can no longer replicate the problem if I close the notebook, but when I created a test notebook, played around with it for two minutes, then closed it without saving and tried to create another one (thinking I would copy and paste my notebook into a new file), the IDE got stuck on "Creating new document..." and the interface become unresponsive in the same way.
EDIT: resource use with this crash when creating a new document looks a little different—it looks like Pandoc got hung up:
I recall some discussion about 32-bit Pandoc giving everyone problems a while back. It doesn' appear to be running when my notebook locks up, though