RStudio Preview IDE 1.2.114 MacOs Screen Size problem

Hi,

I have just downloaded RStudio Preview IDE v 1.2.114 for MacOs and IDE covers only querter of RStudio window, rest is black. I previously used not a preview version and it was fine.
Please see the screenshot below. Do you know if it is a bug? any help is appreciated.
I am using MacOs High Sierra

This is a known issue, and we're currently tracking it at https://github.com/rstudio/rstudio/issues/3479.

Some success with the following

Kevin;

Looks like yet another QtWebEngine / Chromium bug. The issue goes away in my case if I switch to software rendering:

screen shot 2018-09-13 at 4 17 43 pm

Can you give that a try and let me know if it works?

UPDATE:
I figured it out about thirty seconds after asking. If you go to the issue linked above it explains that it's an issue with thunderbolt displays and if you're on a laptop simply disconnect your display, start from there and then it looks okay and you can change the setting normally.

Original:
Any tips on how to actually set this? Due to the big it's actually extremely difficult to interact with the preferences menu. Can the OS Integration setting be change with a flag or something? Thanks!

We're hoping to fix this problem in time for the v1.2 official release so that workarounds here are unnecessary.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.