RStudio project won't get created

RStudio hangs while loading a project.

I am new to RStudio and appreciate any help. Project files were provided by an organization to me and a number of others. I tried creating the project by pointing to the provided project folder.

If attempting to create the project in a new session the window stays blank with the menus on top.

If not creating a new session, a "switching to project" message and a spinny just stays on and never completes. A quick progress bar blinks by and the session remains blank.

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: Desktop
  • RStudio Version: 1.2.5042
  • OS Version: Windows 10 Home
  • R Version: 4.0.0

Hi @izhelezny,
Welcome to the RStudio Community Forum.
If you haven't done so already, you will need to manually copy the project files to a local (or network) directory where you have read/write access. Then, try opening the project in RStudio using the "open project in new session" menu item.
HTH

Hi @DavoWW, thanks for responding. I do have the files copied to a local folder. When I try to create the project in a new session by pointing to this folder, I get a blank screen that just sits there as if loading and never actually loads the project.

Hi @izhelezny,
Not sure exactly what's going wrong here. If you have R script and/or data files in a local folder, you can delete the .Proj.user directory in that folder (if it exists), and then create a new project from scratch using the File>New Project>Existing Directory RStudio menu items.
HTH

Hi @DavoWW. That put me on the right path and it loads! I've deleted the original .Rproj.user. It also helped to read this summary of what a project consists of:

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.