RStudio R Session Fatal Error

I've built R 4.0.5 from source on macos 11.2.3 to use Apple's Accelerate framework (for performance reasons). The command line version of R works well. I've installed RStudio-1.4.1106. When starting RStudio I get the following error:
The R session had a fatal error.

09 Apr 2021 23:44:49 [rsession-xxxx] ERROR r error 4 (R code execution error) [errormsg: Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
unable to load shared object '/usr/local/R/4.0.5-accelerate/lib/R/library/utils/libs/utils.so':
dlopen(/usr/local/R/4.0.5-accelerate/lib/R/library/utils/libs/utils.so, 6): Library not loaded: libR.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/local/R/4.0.5-accelerate/lib/R/library/utils/libs/utils.so
Reason: image not found
]; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::r::exec::evaluateString(const std::string &, SEXP *, sexp::Protect *, rstudio::r::exec::EvalFlags) src/cpp/r/RExec.cpp:337

I placed a link in /usr/local/lib/ to libR.dylib but still have the error. Any ideas as to what's going on?

config info: macos 11.2.3, R 4.0.5, RStudio-1.4.1106

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.