RStudio rendering crash whan using RMarkdown

Hello,

I cannot find a way of presenting my issue in an easily reproducible manner (do not hesitate to indicate to me how to in this specific case).

Problem:

To put it simply, a rash in rendering RStudio occurs almost systematically when I open a RMarkdown document, specifically when I want to check this document with the conception view (the option we can toggle by clicking on a button with a compass on it, on the top-right corner of the RMarkdown menu). Such issues also occur when I'm reading the RMarkdown document while directly accessing the code, although less frequently.

What I mean by crashing is the RStudio windows turn entirely blank: no menu, no subwindows (terminal, environment, ...), the software turns completely unresponsive and I have to use Ctrl+Alt+Suppr to shut it down and try again.

Browsing through the solution already available, I tried changing the rendering engine in the Global Options (first trying "Desktop OpenGL", then "Software").
I also took precautions by having only RStudio running (in case it was an issue with the graphical card, ...). This provided no solution to the problem.

Sometimes, RStudio send this error message : "TypeError : Cannot read property 'updateOuterDeco' of null"

Specifications:

R version 4.0.5 (2021-03-31)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 19042)

RStudio : 2021.09.1 Build 372 / "Ghost Orchid" Release (8b9ced18, 2021-11-08) for Windows

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.