rStudio rMarkdown Syntax highlighting changes

Hi all,

I recently updated by rStudio to Version 1.4.1106 and now my syntax highlighting has changed. For example, before I updated, if I typed asterisks around a word to italicize it, like so, *hello*, the word and asterisks and would turn yellow. It is now turning purple. That is not the most frustrating problem, however. What I am really having trouble with is that my section headers such as
# Header 1
## Header 2
### Header 3
and so on, used to turn purple and they are now white just like the rest of the body of my document, making them blend in with the rest of the document and ultimately making them much harder to find. Does anyone know why this is, or how to change it back?

Any and all help would really be appreciated. Thanks :slight_smile:

It sounds like your RStudio editor theme settings may have reset. You can control those under Preferences >> Appearance

More details here

Yeah, I did actually go look at those and it is set on the same theme as before, specifically I use the dracula theme. But if I change to a different theme I still end up with the same problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.