RStudio save function does not work

I am using RStudio 2021.09.0+351 on a M1 MacBook Pro and suddenly I cannot use "save" function in either the File menu or the button on the manual bar. This happens for both script files and workspace (Rdata) files I try to save. When I close existing scripts with modifications to the saved version the standard popup shows (i.e., do you want to save changes) and it seems I can save the changes. However, for a new script file ("Untitled" files that are newly created), when I click "save" (or "save as"), the usual dialog box for us to select file location and enter file name does not show up.

The save button is not greyed-out as described in some previous posts in the community. I can still click on it but the button does not give any response. I have tried to reinstall RStudio and reset user pref in the Help/Diagnostic menu but could not solve the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I just noticed that the "open" function doesn't work either. When I click on the button it fails to show the dialog box correctly to allow me to browse my files.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.