paid / full-time / USA - Remote
RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. Our mission is to provide the most widely used open-source software and enterprise-ready professional products for statistical data analysis, package management, and sharing of data products at scale. Our tools further the cause of equipping everyone, regardless of economic means, to participate in a global economy that increasingly rewards data literacy.
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to manage our RStudio Workbench and RStudio Package Manager products. RStudio provides development environments for R and Python, professional solutions for publishing, sharing and deploying of applications, markdown reports, notebooks, models, and APIs.
The Sr. Product Manager for our professional R and Python IDE and package management will be responsible for all aspects of a product line management function at RStudio, reporting to the Head of Product. Product Managers at RStudio work closely with the product development teams and customer-facing teams to encourage cross-team knowledge sharing.
This role requires a product manager with deep knowledge in collaborative end-to-end developer and/or data science experience. This role could also fit product-minded engineers with a background in infrastructure, IT, security, and/or collaborative systems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Establish and define the product vision, value propositions, and product strategy for RStudio’s Workbench and Package Manager offerings.
- Gather inputs and insights from market and business environments, existing and potential customers, internal stakeholders, competitors and our partner network.
- Identify target customers and user types.
- Work with stakeholders on business objectives and define responsible and meaningful outcome-driven roadmaps that are more than just a list of features and dates.
- Establish product metrics to track product performance, health, and progress against the strategy.
- Leverage user stories and user journey maps to unpackage customer needs into actionable themes and tasks.
- Understand and define infrastructure solutions and detailed feature-level deliverables for each development stage of the product.
- Prioritize feature development leveraging clearly defined criteria like desirability, feasibility and viability.
- Communicate key product development stages with stakeholders.
- Work closely with product marketing, marketing, solutions engineering, sales and other teams to successfully bring the product to market.
- Communicate and tailor the message and detail to the audience.
- 5+ years of practical experience in building/shipping technical products.
- Experience with R and/or Python and integrated development environments like VS Code and/or RStudio, as well as notebook interfaces like Jupyter is a big plus
- Experience with on-prem, single-tenant and multi-tenant cloud architectures for data, developer and/or IT solutions.
- Working knowledge of ci/cd pipelines, GitHub, Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms .
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model : We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy