RStudio Server: Can't connect to port 8787

Hello,

I try to install rstudio on a CentOS7 server. It looked like everything worked well but I can't connect to the port 8787.
I installed the R version 3.6.0 and the latest version of rstudio.
For

$ sudo systemctl status rstudio-server

I get this answer:

● rstudio-server.service - RStudio Server
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/rstudio-server.service; enabled; vendor p reset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Tue 2019-09-03 22:42:12 UTC; 2 weeks 0 days ag o
Main PID: 11322 (rserver)
CGroup: /system.slice/rstudio-server.service
└─11322 /usr/lib/rstudio-server/bin/rserver

I modified my firewall that I have the web access:

sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-port=8787/tcp
sudo firewall-cmd --reload

and also

sudo ufw allow 8787

When I try this:

sudo netstat -lntp

I get this result:
grafik

I'm quite new to RStudio-Server but I read a lot and I couldn't figure it out why it isn't working.

Thank you!

Are you trying to connect to rstudio-server remotely (public IP) or throught your local network?

I try to connect remotely through

http://<server-ip>:8787

If you have a physical server in your local network, typically the public IP is assigned to your router/modem and not directly to the server, in that case you have to configure port forwarding in your network. If you have a virtual server on a cloud computing service then you have to open 8787 port using the service management interface, not inside the instance itself.
Anyways, most likely this is more related to your network configuration than it is to rstudio so I recommend you to contact your IT department or system administrator.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.