RStudio Server console width problem

Hi, I have an issue with RStudio Server, which seems to set the console width inappropriately, such that the output doesn't display correctly:

library(tidyverse)
tibble(bind_cols(mtcars, mtcars))

As you can see the console output seems to be set too narrow. I can try to fix this by manually setting e.g. options(width = 70), but that is quickly overrun by RStudio so the problem reoccurs.

I have had this problem with quite a few recent versions and am now on RStudio Server 1.4.1073.

Thanks
Matti

Does anyone else have this problem?

I am using the RStudio server session on Chrome on windows, and running the server on WSL2 Ubuntu.

I've noticed this issue as well, and as far as I can tell it occurs only when using certain fonts. My understanding is that the output here is generated with the expectation that the characters are of a certain width, and so will fill the horizontal space exactly.

I'm not exactly sure why this is the case, but to test, you could try switching to different fonts to see if they are affected in the same way. (It could also be helpful to know which fonts are affected and which are not, if this is indeed the issue)

Thanks for the reply!

So far I've tried Fira Code, Cascadia Code, and Lucida Console, and they all have this problem.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.