RStudio Server (Docker image rocker/tidyverse:4.3.0) becomes extremely slow after loading workspace

Hello everyone,

I am currently running a Docker container using the rocker/tidyverse:4.3.0 image on a Linux server with 32 CPU threads and 500 GB of RAM. However, I'm facing a challenge when loading an R workspace RData file of size 3.8 GiB into the RStudio session. Despite utilizing only about 2% of the available memory, the RStudio session becomes extremely sluggish. Basic R functions like ls() or print() take an unreasonably long time to execute.

Additionally, I've noticed an icon above the console displaying a green infinite symbol. When I hover over it, the message "Session suspend timeout paused: Waiting for event: console_input. Active external data pointer" is shown. I have attempted to resolve the issue by using gc() multiple times, but unfortunately, it hasn't proven effective. My search for information about this problem online has yielded no results.

If anyone has encountered a similar issue or knows how to solve it, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. This is my first time posting in this community, so please let me know if any additional information is required.

Thank you in advance for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.