RStudio server error: "Could not connect to the R session on RStudio server. Error occurred during transmission (6)."

Hello,

My RStudio server recently crashed due to a termination issue and now every time I attempt to access it I receive an error message that says "Could not connect to the R session on RStudio server. Error occurred during transmission (6)." When I use "systemctl status rstudio-server.service" to check the issue, I see a bunch of error messages saying "ERROR R SUICIDE: cannot create 'R_TempDir'".

I tried using the instructions from Resetting a user's state on RStudio Workbench / RStudio Server – RStudio Support to reset the user state by renaming the '~/.rstudio' folder, but the folder does not seem to be present in my home directory at all (I checked my hidden folders and I could only find .local and .config). I have also tried stopping/starting/restarting the server as well as force suspending and killing it, but nothing seems to be working at all. Any suggestions on how I could fix this issue would be greatly appreciated!

I see a bunch of error messages saying "ERROR R SUICIDE: cannot create 'R_TempDir'".

Any chance your disk is full?

Also, that article's out of date (we'll update it soon!) -- the folder you want to delete is ~/.local/share/rstudio (although at first blush it doesn't look like that'll fix the problem)

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.