RStudio server open source edition - shared workspace

Hi all
I am wondering if it is possible with the RStudio server, open source edition to make an installation with multiple users, where one or more users can share the same workspace to store shared scripts and data?

Thank you in advance
Best regards

On the open-source version, there is no "workspace" per se but If I understand you correctly, I think they only need to have access to the same shared folder. You would need to configure proper permissions for each user at the operating system level.

I believe it is not possible to share the same RStudio Project though, because metadata would get corrupted or overwritten among users. A better way to manage this scenario is to use version control with a centralized repository (like GitHub) that way each user works independently but commits changes to the same centralized project repository.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.